Thursday 9 May 2013

Update - May 2013

It's been a while since I last updated this blog, but rest assured it's still alive and kicking. I've been making inquiries around St Ives regarding the whereabouts of some souvenirs from the Regal that may have survived. If I can get access to them, I'll be sure to post some photos; I hear they make for rather attractive home furnishings. If you know of any other surviving mementos - old furniture, equipment, even a ticket stub or two - or you have a photograph of the cinema (inside or out) lurking somewhere, please do drop me a line.

I'm also working on plans to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the opening of the cinema in 2020. More on this as they take shape.

More excitingly, I've been contacted by someone who remembers going to the Regal Cinema in its earliest days, when it was still going under the name of the Broadway Kinema. I'll publish the full piece tomorrow, but it's great to know that people are still able to recall going there so many years ago. Remember, if you have any memories yourself of going there, no matter how small, I'm still keen to hear from you - please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment